Saturday, July 7, 2007

The week caught up with me

I've devoted large amounts of time and energy into writing this week. Hours upon hours of researching and writing finally caught up with my body and has left its tired streak. I worked last night and hardly slept a wink with so many thoughts racing through my mind. I awoke much too early; about 6:30 am, having only placed my head on the pillow about three hours prior.

My day has been spent in a zombie like state; unable to focus the majority of the day. I am longing for the opportunity to catch up on my much needed rest come Monday; a precious day off calling my name.

A long night is before me; having to find my way there by 9 pm. I'm thankful, however, that it is Saturday; allowing for the opportunity to wear something other than black skirts and shirts. There's a bit more comfort in denim; especially when working in a bar.

With that, I do believe it is farewell until tomorrow. Another day awaits; one that hopefully contains some much needed rest and relaxation prior to my next lengthy shift.

No comments: