Monday, July 16, 2007

My Sister

It's been quite some time since my sister and I last talked on the phone; roughly about a month ago. She sent an email my way today and I sent one right back - then she sent another! Our emails lead to my picking up the phone and dialing her number. Our lack of communicating hasn't been due to anger or frustration; we've not had the opportunity to connect as our schedules far from meshed. Today, however, they did.

It was about 330 when we started talking - about life, writing, blogging, and the list continues. Before I knew it, we were engaged in one of those heartfelt and deeply penetrating conversations that began with her reading a few of my blogs posted here.

There was so much I haven't shared with anyone, even my sister in regards to my grief. That sparked some pretty deep conversations about what transpired following Reiley's death in the days following. She commented in text on numerous posts and some verbally while we were on the phone.

Our dysfunctional 'father' in our lives caused much disruption during that time, as he wanted to be the center of attention - as apparently the death of my son was much more devastating to him than it ever could have been to me. He was the root of so many issues and ill feelings (or lack of feelings) throughout that time. It has surprised me as to the ability to see all that occurred in hindsight.

I can't help but thank God for my being home today, instead of running around with a friend. Everything does happen for a reason and my sister knowing more about me was an amazing and great moment.

Cheers to a sister who has been more than amazing in far too many ways to count.

No comments: