Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Featured Blog

As Jennifer stated at Offbeat Homes; I'm the next big thing in honest blogs. Since that is the case, I'll share with you a bit more about myself and why I love my featured blog so much!

I was raised in an abusive home. Walking on egg-shells seemed to be the norm; something that took me years to see otherwise. I dealt with physical, emotional and sexual abuse. Come to think of it, some of the names I was called could be considered verbal abuse as well.

In any event, those experiences left a mark on my heart and in my soul. I've often spent a great deal of time working with one individual or another on letting go of their own pain and moving on; which is no easy task.

Polly Kahl has spent numerous years doing the same thing. She has joined the blogging world with her debut Victimology Blog. She is worth the wealth of information fueled by a past that, too, has been difficult. She's come out on top; and in the process continues to help others - through her work with a national community of abuse survivors, public speaking as an advocate for crime victims and in her private practice.

As I told Polly last week, I love the blog she has created! She's made up her mind to make an amazing difference in the lives of so many.

I hope you will take a moment and pop over to see Polly on her blog. Stay a moment and post a comment! Feel free to share in your own experiences, say a quick hello and don't forget to check back and catch her upcoming posts!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for linking me -- but man do my blogs ever look out of place here. Much less serious. But thanks!

Mysti said...

You know what they say, "All work and no play makes for a grim and boring day!" Actually, with as serious as I can be, I love getting down and dirty - laughing like crazy. Let's just say your blogs fit in just fine... had you heard the phone conversation with a friend of mine last night; you probably wouldn't believe that came from me. :)

Leah J. Utas said...

Reading that you lurked at ProzacPalace made my heart smile, Mysti. Thanks for being there.
Good for you for writing through the dysfunction and for helping others.
I appreciate the meme tag,too.