Friday, July 13, 2007

Closeness

I've struggled greatly with finding a closeness with people from all walks. The devastating pain I experienced with my son has left a mark on my life that I wouldn't have thought possible. So many people have come into my life and a serious lack of understanding and compassion drives them away with great force.

When I gave birth to my second son, I went through the same process. I truly didn't bond with him until he was nearly a year old. I, however, still went through the processes of motherhood and took it upon myself to consider parenthood a career I had to be successful.

After he passed the age in which my son died; I was able to more readily develop a bond with him; and spend a great deal of time making up for lost time, so to speak. However, days still arise when I feel quite distant in that relationship.

Other relationships that have been negatively impacted are those of a romantic nature. I've sought out a person who was just too wonderful, with standards so incredibly high no person could reach them. I've felt that in order for me to risk being hurt so deeply again; they had best be worth every ounce of pain - unrealistically.

I've remained cold and distant in relationships and when I do cross that line and open myself up; the results are fantastic, magical and intense. However, it does seem that those personal relationships suffer more than they are successful. It's a struggle I face each day currently. I am working on changing that.

It's definitely not a beautiful sight when one sees me in my "Just Leave Me Alone!" moods. If I can make it a week without one of those days, I've accomplished great feats! Now, to see if I can accomplish that this week and build a stronger bond with those around myself.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Sis, you are the strongest person I know. I know that at times it doesnt feel that way, but it is true. With all the obsticles you have faced in life, you are one hell of an adverse woman who learns how to face her challenges head on. You are a force to be reckoned with. God forbid anything in your way!!

LYF!
Denise