Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Update: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

As promised, I did drive out to "Project 507", Cheyenne, WY Extreme Makeover site.



While I was there, I took a few pictures of the place.

















So now that you've had your viewing pleasure, I'll give you the exciting news! I pulled around following the street and came back up. I parked along side of the road and got out of my car to speak with the security guard. I asked a few important questions, watched the workers go by, discussed a few key people in the company (all women by the way) and acquired some much needed information.

The grand reveal will be Friday and when I return later today or tomorrow to snap more pictures, I will be given the time window of the reveal so I can be present for the event!

There are more posts to come about the exciting events transpiring on Four Mile Road in Cheyenne, Wyoming. One of them being video of the explosion that took the original house down!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good pictures. Does this mean that they've done 507 projects now? I don't watch the show.

Polly Kahl said...

Does it really only take them a week? That looks like a huge house they're building. We're having an extension built on the house and it's taking three months. Looking forward to seeing more pix and would like to see that video of the explosion too!

Mysti said...

Jennifer~
I know that this project is called 507, but I'm not sure if they have done 507 projects total. That is definitely a question worth asking!!

Polly~
It does take a week! You have to figure that the average crew on a house is just a handful of people. They have hundreds of people, literally, which cuts that time down DRASTICALLY! Never fear about the stability of the structure, however, as all building still goes through the rigorous checking and inspections.