Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Proofreader Anyone??

I am notorious for scanning the freelance ads for various companies on a couple different sites. Today I came across an ad for a national chain seeking a proofreader. In about twenty minutes, I tore their ad apart and sent it back to them for their review. I noted that I don't live in the general area in which they are seeking an employee, however, casually mentioned that I do work from home doing editing for BAN as well as freelance as projects come available.

I have to bring this forward, however. In the layout of their job ad, they have a table format listing experience required, pay, etc. The first issue standing out against a red background was "Experiance." Just for the record - Experiance is not spelled with an "A" it does contain an "E," as in E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E.

Thought of the day: Post nothing viewable to the public to scrutinize unless you undoubtedly know there are no serious issues.

4 comments:

The Quoibler said...

Ooo... I like your approach! That's so funny!

Just curious--did anyone ever respond to your emailed edits?

Angelique

Mysti said...

No one has responded thus far. I'm sure the human resources person probably will take a second and third look at the information I sent their direction before it is passed along to the next person on the corporate food-chain. :)

It sure was fun tearing everything apart, however...

Leah J. Utas said...

Good for you for showing them the error of their ways. I couldn't help wondering, though, if it was maybe done on purpose? A quick test to see how many noticed and cared to do something about it.

Mysti said...

Leah, I wondered the same thing at one point, and if I hear from them, I will be sure to remind them there is no amount of money that could move me from my home in Wyoming to Wisconsin! I am just a BIT partial to this state.