Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Please bring it back."

As my son is playing with a train set that Santa delivered over Christmas, he began asking for his tracks that go with his trains. Those tracks, as I tried desperately to explain to him, were broken while I was playing with them and I threw them away. He quickly replied, "Please bring it back." I, again, tried to explain that I couldn't go get them. They went out to the big trash and went to the dump. He quirked, "Will you PLEASE get your sandals on and go get them. PLEASE!"

The conversation continued with his questioning of this item and that; all of which had been discarded to appropriate places.

Fortunately I have a bright three year old. Unfortunately he doesn't quite understand that once something leaves the house, it is not retrievable.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Thats what ebay is for, for a mere $358 you can replace those tracks!

Mysti said...

Thanks Mark! I know all too well about eBay and the hundreds of dollars I sunk into Spiderman stuff form my three-year-old's birthday. He's a character... and a spoiled not-so-rotten one at that!