Friday, August 3, 2007

Product Review: Nad's


I have always been one of those ladies who absolutely hates to shave her legs! In light of that wonderful piece of insight about myself; I have a product review for all the women out there!

Product Name: Nad's Hands Free Hair Removal Cream

Smell: It could smell worse, but comes close to burning the hairs out of my nose. 3/10

Ease of Use: If you consider the product is meant to be hands free; the sheer fact that I ended up with hair removal cream under my finger nails says it all. The bottle is difficult to squeeze, awkward to hold and the product is thicker than most hair removal creams. 2/10


Results: At the end of 5 minutes, as directed, hair was not even close to being ready for removal. I waited the additional five minutes and was able to remove about 1/2 of the hair on my legs. The tattoo on my ankle (now seven years old) is raised as if it is a fresh tattoo after using this product, however. (1/10)

This is one product I would definitely not recommend for anyone to use. The time and aggravation is worse than having a bikini wax done.


3 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

There's a product called Magic Shave that is absolutely fantabulous! It was designed for men to use on their faces, so not only does it take the hair clean off your legs, no problem, but it also leaves your skin nice and soft.

Just be careful not to spread it anywhere you've got a cut or scrape. I still have the scar to show what can happen! :-0

Also, I recommend using a plastic picnic spoon, expired credit card, or a plastic pot scrubber to scrape the cream off. Just rinsing won't bring the hair off with the cream. Pot scrubbers, if you haven't seen them, usually come two to a pack and look like old worn-down pieces of ivory soap. You should be able to get them at the grocery store.

As for Magic Shave, it's usually marketed to black men, who have more of a problem with ingrown hairs than men of other ethnicities. Therefore, your best bet is to check the men's shaving supplies at a drugstore in a black or ethnically mixed neighborhood.

Oh, and one other thing-- not only does Magic Shave really work and leave your legs super soft, it's cheaper than dirt.

Good stuff!

Jennifer said...

That's awesome, a Nads review on this blog -- you're so serious all the time. I like your serious posts though. This is just so outside of normal. I better go make sure I'm actually where I think I am.. hold on... Yup Mysti's blog. Good post. I'll be sure to never get this stuff.
:D
PS I'm moving this link to my blog -- I think I had the wrong blog for you linked.

Mysti said...

bunnygirl,

I will definitely keep my eyes open and see if I can't happen to find that! Thanks for the suggestion!!

Jennifer,

I do hope that you are able to see more of the light hearted side of myself in the days to come. I really am a well rounded individual. I promise, I swear, I do laugh, I do smile - yup; I'm not serious ALL the time. :)