Monday, August 20, 2007

Fancy a Story or Two??

One of the forums I visit is geared towards parents. As I created my signature to be attached to all posts I make, I opted to do something a bit different. I created a story to follow suit with my introductory post on the forum.

I travel here from a Kingdom far away. I am the Mother-Queen to Mini-King Jaden. I spend my days home, yet busily proofing and editing copy for the grandest trade magazine tailored to Real Estate Agents and REALTORS®. When work fails to call my every moment, grand adventures fill the moments allowed. Father-King-In-The-Making; Rob, Mother-Queen; me, and Mini-King; Jaden, enjoy the opportunity to quest at near-by Castles inhabited by the Royal Family. The occasional outing to the grassy knolls adds a small amount of spice to our summer lives. With the season change fast approaching our royal lives, the chilling air will allow for castles of Ice to be built midst the warming light from above. A fire-pit enclosed in hard stone, shall offer warmth and many moments for this family of three.

Respectfully offered as introduction to the Royal Family,

Mother-Queen Mysti


My signature reads:

In a Kingdom far away, a castle was built with precision. The bright colors reflected the mind of the King, a very young king. He worked for hours to have the Castle just right, encompassing all he saw within his minds eye. Success was found and pictures were taken to remember the greatness that developed through hard work and perseverance.


And through this process, I have created a story for a dear friend, who's daughter is sure to be a princess and her son, a dragon.

Thunder crashed and lightning struck the ground. Princess Jenna, while startled, unsheathed her sword. She knew the dark forces were near. The bushes rustled behind her and she heard a loud breath. Spinning around she called for the beast to present itself. A young dragon, JT, emerged and offered his help to restore peace and tranquility to the kingdom. Leary to start, Princess Jenna's questions were soon put to rest when Dragon JT saved her life by breathing fire and crisping the group sent to attack. Their journey continues into the deep, dark forest where the evil Black Sorceress Caroness resides...


It's been great fun writing simple little stories to go with pictures of our children. A different approach to writing for fun!

No comments: