Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Personal Situation- Update

As I haven yet to update on this situation, and people are inquiring to know, I figured that would be best, today.

Fortunately, I had taken on a new job on Tuesday, so when he did show up on Wednesday, I was extremely busy, working. I was on a major crunch time with deadlines, so they stayed for about 15 minutes and then went to check into his hotel. He called a few hours later and asked if we were ready to go to dinner, and I told him I was extremely busy, so he said he would come by about 630 for a short while.

Rob was home by that time, which brought added comfort to me. I had discussed with Rob all the feelings I had towards his insisting to be here, etc. We left in separate vehicles and met at the restaurant. I let my son be the center of attention, moving back and forth in the table. He was a fantastic distraction for Gary, and kept him pretty quiet most of the meal.

Food arrived, we ate, and then shared just a few words; nothing including poor language choices and we went our separate ways.

Fortunately, the visit was short, very short. He didn't push the proverbial thumb and although I was completely worked up, he wasn't able to pull me down.

No comments: