Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Falling

It's an amazing time of year when the refreshing cool arctic air begins to push downward, bringing a season of extraordinary color changes, quickly consumed with fluffy white flakes.

fall is one of my two favorite seasons out of the year. I cherish seeing the vivid colors and the reminder of the cycle of life. Festive holidays are abound!

This year, I'm falling into fall with my whole heart! Here are a few things I look forward to:

1. Breaking out sweaters and wearing them with jeans and boots. The most comfortable clothing I can dream of wearing!
2. Building fires in the fireplace and snuggling in with a good book or a great movie!
3. Family! This season brings out a strong commitment to family and spending that quality time with them is amazing!
4. Holiday preparation! For those who know me, I've not been so fond of the holidays since Reiley died, but this year, I absolutely cannot wait for them to arrive! I plan on dressing in Halloween best with my son, trick-or-treating; baking until my hearts content for Thanksgiving and Christmas, with shopping galore and excited looks gleaming across the faces of everyone as they see just what surprise has been left for them under the tree.
5. Snowmen! Although our falls are short-lived, I can't wait to get out and build a fantastic snowman with my son!

It's going to be an absolutely amazing end of the year! I look forward to every single activity and event we can manage to find!

What are your plans for fall/winter? Are there any little things that you are excitingly anticipating?

2 comments:

Virginia Lee said...

Ha! I'm already anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now that we're back in NC I aim to do my traditional holiday shopping at A Southern Season in Chapel Hill and Morgan Imports here in downtown Durham. Even though I've lived in wonderful shopping areas for the last 20 years or so, nothing has ever matched my customized gifts with goodies from those stores.

Now then, if only it would get chilly here...

Mysti said...

I will be happy to offer a bit of our chilly Wyoming weather, if you'd like. I awoke this morning to upper 40's; but it warmed nicely into the upper 60's.

Your holiday shopping adventures sound fantastic!